So, I have a category in my list of labels called “recommendations” it has the most random sort of things in it. I do feel the need, however, to add yet another totally random post to “recommendations” and it comes in “tip” form.
My “tip” goes as follows.
Buy a gallon of vinegar, and use it!
I pretty much clean with just vinegar and water. (I do use regular old toilet bowl cleaner, and I currently have a name brand eco friendly window/glass cleaner, but that’s because someone gave it to me. Streaks don’t bother me too much, so I usually just use watered down vinegar for windows too.)
Here are a few things I use vinegar for, but not limited to.
About 1 part water to 1 part vinegar, in a spray bottle
- Gideon’s highchair
- Windows (as mentioned earlier, but it does streak)
- Outside of toilet bowl
- Carpet (spot treatments)
- Cars dashboard and steering wheel
Full strength vinegar, usually in a spray bottle
- Inside of toilet bowl (works, but not as well as the thick stuff you can buy, that stays on longer)
- Landry soap enhancement (you’re probably not supposed to do this, but sometimes when I’m washing an extra dirty prefold (clothe diaper) I add vinegar through the liquid bleach section of the washing machine, I’ve found it removes the scent of urine better than bleach did) I’m such a rebel!
- Dishwasher (run through an empty dishwasher to get rid of soap buildup)
And let me tell you, with a boy like Gideon running around I’m SOOO thankful to use a cleaner that’s so safe, you can drink it! It’s saved many a trip to the ER/call to poison control! : )
Here’s an interesting link, with 62 uses for vinegar -